Maqta Live at Method Juhu | Sunday, 20th August | Live Music
A specially curated set for intimate audiences, performed in self-curated house concerts in Bombay, Bangalore and Pune, as well as intimate performance spaces such as Method and The Jeff Goldberg Studio.. These performances are deeply personal, emotionally elevating and cathartic.
Date : Sunday, 20th August 2023
Time : 8 PM Sharp. (Subko Coffee will stop service at sharp 7:15 PM in case you wanna grab a drink before the show.)
'Maqta' was born with a desire to anchor the everyday in the lyricism and beauty of Hindi and Urdu — to re-discover a history, both personal and social, through the movement of words and music. With every new song, the project aims to discover uncharted territory for both languages. Ranging from classically inspired pieces to catchy pop hooks, theatrical lyricism to folksy swing, the combinations of inspiration complete Maqta’s world of music and poetry.
Inspired by musicians such as Nils Frahm, Phillip Glass, Keaton Henson, Lucy Rose, R.D and S.D Burman, to name a few, as well as the poetry of Dushyant Kumar, Ghalib, Faiz Ahmad Faiz and others, the Maqta experience is at once romantic, cinematic and elevating.
- Seating is a combination of floor seating, chairs, stools and benches and on a first come first served basis.
- No valet parking but there is street parking available. We advise you to plan keeping in mind usual city traffic and parking issues
- The venue is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible
- No flash photography
- No outside food and drinks allowed
- No pets allowed
- Security procedures, including frisking remain the right of the management.
- No dangerous or potentially hazardous objects including but not limited to weapons, knives, guns, fireworks, helmets, lazer devices, bottles, musical instruments will be allowed in the venue and may be ejected with or without the owner from the venue.
- The sponsors/performers/organizers are not responsible for any injury or damage occurring due to the event. Any claims regarding the same would be settled in courts in Mumbai.
- People in an inebriated state may not be allowed entry.
- Organizers hold the right to deny late entry to the event.
- No cancellation and no-refunds if you can't make it for any reason
- If the show is cancelled you will be refunded the full amount