Priyesh Trivedi is a multidisciplinary visual artist working across design, painting and lens based media.
His work revolves around nostalgia, subversion, critique of contemporary culture and recontextualizing archival material.
He is also the creator of 'Adarsh Balak' a series of illustrations and comics parodying old educational posters that were a staple in Indian schools in the 80's and 90's. The series has amassed a cult following since its inception in 2014.
He has been the recipient of Charles Wallace India Trust/ Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Award in 2016 with a residency at Gasworks, London.
He is also an inductee of Forbes India 30 under 30 2017.
Priyesh currently lives and works in Goa.
- Social Animals’ group show, Galerie Romain Rolland- Alliance Francaise de Delhi, New Delhi. March 2015. (https://eastwestfestival.wordpress.com/)
- ‘East-West’ group show, NIV Art Centre, New Delhi. March 2015. (https://eastwestfestival.wordpress.com/)
- ‘Home’ group show, Chatterjee & Lal, Mumbai. December 2015. (http://chatterjeeandlal.com/shows/home/)
- ‘Meinong’s Abyss’ (Solo show). L’agence en Residence, Bordeaux, France. February 2017. (https://agenceenresidence.com/artiste/priyesh-trivedi-1702-02032017/)
- India Art Fair 2017 (Shrine Empire Gallery), New Delhi. (https://www.shrineempiregallery.com/exhibition/india-art-fair-2017/)
- India Art Fair 2018 (Shrine Empire Gallery), New Delhi. https://www.shrineempiregallery.com/exhibition/india-art-fair-2018/)
- ‘You Do You’ group show, The Crypt Gallery, London. December 2018 (https://agenceenresidence.com/you-do-you-7th-14th-december-2018-london/)
- ‘Artel’- TIFA Working Studios, Pune, India. March/April 2016 (https://tifastudios.in/event/artel2016/)
- Gasworks, London, UK. July-October 2016 (The Charles Wallace India Trust/ Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Award 2016) (http://www.gasworks.org.uk/residencies/priyesh-trivedi-2016-07-18/)